Microsoft Office is non-free office suites which incorporate most of the applications required in a standard office. It was introduced by Microsoft in the year 1989. Microsoft Office consists of assorted applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, Microsoft One Note and Microsoft Publisher. The most widely used applications of Microsoft Office are Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Power Point. Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application which usually used to store financial data and to maintain records. Microsoft Excel saves files in .xls and .xlsx file format. It allows you to alter the data and quickly view recalculated results. But, file loss due to human mistakes has an effect on every person who makes use of computers to store their confidential files and documents. Unintentional deletion and virus attack is one of the most widespread causes for data loss. So in order to recover lost excel files you need to make use of reliabl lost file recovery software.
Common scenarios leading to loss of Excel files are as follows:
- Accidentally emptied the Recycle Bin: You might have accidentally emptied Recycle Bin instead of deleting some Excel files from it resulting in data loss. Otherwise, you might have accidentally deleted a folder that had your excel files from your Recycle Bin.
- Excel Sheets deleted using Shift+Delete keys: When you delete files using a Shift+Delete key combination, they bypass the Recycle Bin rather than moving to the Recycle Bin. If you have accidentally deleted your excel file using Shift+Delete keys then you cannot find it in Recycle Bin. In the same way, if the size of files that you have accidentally deleted is greater than the Recycle Bin size then it does not move to the Recycle Bin.
- Software Malfunction: Malfunctioning of the operating system or other software issues that deals with system settings can lead to a boot failure this results in loss of Excels files from the system hard drive.
- Re-formatting error: Sometimes it needs to change from one file system to another file system i.e. from FAT to NTFS and vice-versa on Windows OS. Errors during the file systems conversion can result in corruption of the partition and leads to loss of Excel file.
You can follow some precautions in order to prevent Excel file loss:
- Always maintain a proper excel sheet backup of all your important Excel sheets.
- Make sure that all programs are closed before switching off your system.
Even after following precautions if you lose your excel files then make use of relevant data recovery application to recover lost excel files. While choosing recovery software make sure that it is read-only software. Lost file recovery software is a powerful file recovery tools that can restore excel files from your computer hard drive deleted or lost due to any data loss scenarios. It has user friendly graphical user interface and can even recover lost Word files. This software provides an approach to recover Excel files lost from the recycle - bin, formatted-partitions or after re-installing operating system. This tool can also recover lost .xls and .xlsx files from other storage devices like pen drives, memory cards etc. The utility has a powerful built-in scan engine, which retrieves lost Excel sheets quickly. It also restores Excel files lost from the Windows command prompt and files deleted using Shift+Delete key combinations. You can use this application to restore data from corrupt Toshiba HDD, Seagate HDD, Buffalo HDD and other famous brands of computer hard drives. This tool can also recover files from crashed computer on all the latest version of Windows and Mac operating system. You can easily recover deleted or lost excel files from Windows Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Vista operating system. Download free demo version of file recovery software to start recovery of lost excel files.
Follow the steps given below to recover lost Excel Files:
Step 1: Download demo version of recovery software and install into your PC.
Step 2: After successfully launched, Run the software and select “Recover Files” option from main screen. From the next screen, which appears after selecting "Recover Files" option, select "Recover Lost Files" option to recover lost Excel Files from your system HDD.
Figure A: Home Screen
Step 3: Next, select the logical drive, then software starts scanning the selected drive as shown in figure B..
Figure B: Select Drive
Step 4: At last, double click on any recovered file to preview the recovered data as shown in figure C.
Figure C: Recovered Files